Helping people to help themselves is my passion. This passion has developed over decades throughout my own journey of seeking, falling and rising. Through coaching, mentoring and training I have been supported, guided, encouraged and challenged, leading me to want to give back and help people navigate their journey to become the best version of themselves - happy, healthy and productive individuals with a deep sense of purpose and wellbeing.
Another passion of mine is travel. My experiences have provided me with valuable insights, living and working with diverse cultures in South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, Swaziland and Zambia. Meeting and working with these amazing people has been a humbling experience and has influenced my thinking.
‘You must be the change you wish to see in the world’ – Mahatma Gandhi
Since qualifying as a Certified Integral Coach with New Ventures West and the Centre for Coaching, UCT School of Business, I have coached a wide range of people from mid and senior level managers, CEO’s, entrepreneurs and individuals seeking to improve their performance and find greater balance in their lives. Using the integral coaching method with deep academic and philosophical roots and a sound theoretical base that draws from Eastern and Western philosophy, I invite my client’s to explore and work with their being.
A particular area of specialisation is helping people to successfully navigate transitions in their personal or professional lives. This includes retrenchment, resignation, dismissal, promotion, starting out in a career, getting divorced or separated and life’s many other challenges. I also assist organisations in helping their employees move through times of transition.
‘When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves’ – Viktor Frankl
HOW I DO IT
By becoming your journey partner, we connect in meaningful ways as I undertake to be your:
- Sounding board: I listen for understanding, intention and commitment, allowing my clients to be seen and heard.
- Feeling board: I create a safe space for my clients to express and process their true feelings in an authentic non-judgemental way.
- Thinking board: I challenge my client’s assumptions and perspectives and together we co-create and ignite alternatives.
In short, through coaching, mentoring and facilitating, I partner with people on their journey to becoming the best possible version of themselves.
- Professional Certified Coach (Integral Coaching), Centre for Coaching, UCT Business School, 2016.
- Associate Certified Coach (Integral Coaching), Centre for Coaching, UCT Business School, 2015.
- HIV/AIDS Counselling and Management Certificate (2010), Boston College.
- National Diploma: Office Administration (1991), Cape Technikon, Cape Town